University Of West London: Free, Fun Learning Event in West Ealing, at the Orchard Cafe, Wed 26th July 6pm-9pm https://t.co/e0zLIOCfpJ
Cancer is a condition where cells in a specific part of the body grow and reproduce uncontrollably. The cancerous cells can invade and destroy surrounding healthy tissue, including organs.( NHS Choices)
- There are more than 200 different types of cancer.
- 1 in 2 people in the UK will get cancer in their lifetime.
- Thanks to research many people are cured.
- We know that cancer screening saves thousands of lives each year. (Cancer Research UK)
To know more click: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer
Do you need to give up smoking?
Break the cigarette -- Break the habit!
Cigbreak Free is a gamified smoking cessation app for smartphones. The app has been co-created with medical experts and psychologists. The app has been thoroughly tested in focus groups.
To play the game you hold your phone in your hand and swipe the screen to break cigarettes. It's impossible to smoke while playing Cigbreak, so it's a perfect distraction from cravings whenever they occur.
5 WAYS TO MENTAL WELLBEING
For more information:
6 weeks of feel good physical activity sessions
for girls aged 11 – 16years
Every Friday 4-5pm from the 7th July at
Everyone Active Acton Centre
High Street, Acton, London, W3 6NE.
A few facts:
- Dementia is not a natural part of ageing.
- There are different types of Dementia with Alzheimer's Disease being the most common.
- Dementia affects 850,000 people in the UK.
- The number of people living with Dementia is set to rise to over one million by 2025. This will soar to 2 millions by 2051.
- 1 in 6 people over the age of 80 have Dementia.
- Over 40,000 people under 65 have Dementia in the UK.
- There is no way to prevent all types of Dementia but research suggests that keeping yourself active and leading a healthy lifestyle reduces your risk of developing Dementia.