University Of West London: Free, Fun Learning Event in West Ealing, at the Orchard Cafe, Wed 26th July 6pm-9pm https://t.co/e0zLIOCfpJ
A few facts:
- Dementia is not a natural part of ageing.
- There are different types of Dementia with Alzheimer's Disease being the most common.
- Dementia affects 850,000 people in the UK.
- The number of people living with Dementia is set to rise to over one million by 2025. This will soar to 2 millions by 2051.
- 1 in 6 people over the age of 80 have Dementia.
- Over 40,000 people under 65 have Dementia in the UK.
- There is no way to prevent all types of Dementia but research suggests that keeping yourself active and leading a healthy lifestyle reduces your risk of developing Dementia.